The P4P Planning Network is excited to welcome you to a NEW space on our website designed just for professionals working with infants, toddlers and young children. We know that the first few years of a child’s life are fundamental to both their development and general well-being. As professionals, who support young families, you are in a unique position to help families get a head start on creating a fabulous life!
Every day you meet infants, toddlers and preschool-aged children with a variety of experiences, strengths and needs. Regardless of individual needs, all children are first and foremost children! As their little bodies and minds grow there are things that families can do to plant seeds for a meaningful life and a secure future.
While that is happening, we want families who have a young child with a disability to:
- Dream about the possibilities of their child’s future
- Be intentional and action oriented in planning for that future
- Be connected to supportive networks of professionals and other families
Evidence shows that families who are proactive and take steps EARLY can change the trajectory of their child's life.
The P4P Planning Network is an information HUB with dozens of FREE, value-based resources that can help families build their capacity to make informed decisions and plan for their child’s future. By sharing our resources with families, you can encourage them to think about the endless possibilities that exist for their child and keep them informed of important steps they need to take to secure a good life for their child.
WHAT OUR RESOURCES DO
WHAT OUR RESOURCES DO
Evidence shows that families who think ahead, stay informed and actively participate in decision-making nurture endless possibilities for their loved one.
Your support is essential.
SHARING OUR RESOURCES
You’re busy! We've kept it simple.
We've curated resources for you, that are relevant to your profession, at the bottom of this page.
- Sign up to receive a monthly newsletter with resources and forward it to families that you know.
- Check out our events calendar HERE
- Contact us if you have questions or want to learn more!
You can also share at:
- transition planning meetings for entering school (ages 2-3),
- parent-teacher interviews or scheduled appointments,
- orientation events
- program registration,
- and in newsletters for families.
The Early Planning Toolkit: Designed for children aged 2-10
As an early childhood professional, you know that the early years in a child's life are very influential. This toolkit shows parents what they can do at an early age to start planting seeds for a bright and secure future.
- An action guide for day-to-day life
- Two webinars on possible life paths and accessing financial resources
- An early planning checklist