For the parents and caregivers of loved ones living with disabilities, the stakes are even higher: Confronting social isolation is a must – relationships are the foundation of building a good life and safe future for all vulnerable people.
Join us for an inspiring talk featuring selected new videos of families and advocates sharing their processes in building informal and formal relationship networks.
Families who are looking to support their relative in nurturing friendships and building relationships, especially with individuals outside of the family.
What you'll get out of attending:
- How to observe and awaken the strengths, interests and passions of your loved one
- How ‘regular places, typical things and ordinary people’ help vulnerable people to flourish
- The elements of a successful network, why each one is unique and ever-changing
- 5 practical actions encouraging supportive relationships
- Why an inclusive society benefits everyone
Susan is the mother of Rebecca, who has had a support circle in place since she was nine years old and has continued for 24 years while also being involved in a number of person directed planning sessions throughout her life.